Celie heard someone screaming, vaguely recognizing that it was her. She had never realized that Rolf's dare would come true. Suddenly she jerked to a stop. The emissary had managed to recover enough to grab her hair. Fire spread across Celie's scalp. She couldn't scream anymore despite the pain. She hung helplessly. Then out of nowhere a great blast of purple came shooting at the emissary. He disappeared with a puff. Celie realized that it was Bran. She dropped, then landed on soft stones and slid. She looked up. She had landed a few feet from her family. Then everything went black.
The sobbing was what woke Celie up. She was in her bed. Her father was talking with the other royals. Her mother and Lilah was by her bed. Her mother was holding her hand rather tightly. Lilah was the one sobbing. "Li-Lilah." Celie's voice was rather raspy. Lilah gasped. "I am so sorry Celie, I should have stopped you." Celie's gaze had moved on. She smiled at her Mother. King Glower came over. "Hello, Celia-Delia." He sang. "Daddy. What happened?" Her voice was scratched. "We had to hide. I am sorry we didn't come back sooner. We were risking coming back when Pogue found us. We nearly declared war on Vhervhine. But I managed to be persuaded." He said with a crooked smile. "Thank you for taking care of everything here while we were gone." Rolf grunted. Celie felt so tired.
"I think that we need to let Celie rest." Bran came over and adjusted her pillows. He ducked down and gave her a kiss on her forehead followed by the rest of her family. Once they were gone, Celie reached out. her fingers brushed the warm stones of the wall. "I am so glad your back. Your my family too." In response, a warm ripple ran across the stones. Celie felt like it was saying, "I won't leave again. I will always stay."
No comments:
Post a Comment