Jonah Wimmer
Mrs. Robins
Language Arts
5/9/16
Top Ten Things (what you need to know about Language Arts)
Before reading this list it is important that you know how fun the next year will be, while arduous at times, Mrs. Robin’s is a great and teacher and is one of the very best so consider yourself lucky.
- Keep a good attitude. Regardless of your writing capabilities, with a good attitude every challenge will seem a little less daunting and this class will become funner.
- Work hard. With a good work ethic and a determined mindset anything is achievable, don’t forget that.
- The key to success is to not procrastinate. At times I waited until the day an assignment is due, while for the month that I was blowing the assignment off I was happy, when it was due I was extremely stressed and always realized it wasn’t worth it.
- Be prepared, I personally am not a great example of this, having to often ask a friend for a pencil. However, despite me being bad at it, you can be good at it so remember your stuff.
- There will be lots of drama, I mean it’s 7th grade for crying out loud. Nonetheless don’t take part in it and if you do then just know that further down the road it will all seem meaningless.
- Stay on task. This is similar to the “Do Not Procrastinate” thing but what the heck, it’s still important. In class it’s easy to get caught up in some game, in my case Slither.io or Agar.io. It’s important while on computers to do your work and not waste time. Time is precious and should be used wisely in class so that you have little or no homework; in my case I usually worked diligently and almost never had homework.
- Don’t judge others, there will always be others who are different. Keep an open mind and treat them fairly and justly.
- Don’t be rude to your classmates and try to ignore the impulses that tell you to be a pain in the butt for teachers and fellow students.
- The year that ensues will be great and jam packed with fun.
- I’m really running out of things to say now other than good luck, your time at Lava Ridge will be great.
No comments:
Post a Comment